Services provided by the Center
- Confirmation, appointment and replacement of arbitrators.
- Ongoing supervision of arbitration proceedings.
- Examination of awards to enhance their quality and to facilitate their enforcement.
- Setting and adjustment of the advances of funds.
CIAM’s scope of action
1. MIAC only administers international arbitration proceedings.
2. The Center administers disputes that are
– directly submitted – that is, where the parties have entered into an arbitration agreement in which they expressly submit to arbitration by MIAC, or
– referred – that is, where the parties have entered into an arbitration agreement in which they submit to arbitration by any of the associated entities (CAM, CEA, CIMA or ICAM).
3. Regarding referrals:
- Where the parties entered into an arbitration agreement on or after 1 January 2020, referral is automatic.
- Where the parties entered into an arbitration agreement prior to 1 January 2020, the associated entities shall begin to administer the proceedings. However, the relevant associated entity will encourage the parties to refer the case to MIAC.
If the parties agree to this referral, the Center shall administer the case. Otherwise, the associated entity will continue to conduct the proceedings.